- Introduction to the Worry Trance Free Preview
- Conscious and Unconscious Patterns, Part 1
- Conscious and Unconscious Patterns, Part 2
- Clarity Consciousness and Panic Pathways, Part 1
- Clarity Consciousness and Panic Pathways, Part 2
- Obsessions and Worry Habits
- Fears, Phobias and Frightened Neural Pathways
43 learners taking this course
Anxiety levels are at an all-time high in the general population, with chronic anxiety and related issues being seen in therapy offices, yoga studios, and wellness clinics everywhere. Too many people are walking around in what can be described as a “worry trance” — a constant mental state of hyper-vigilance that has, over time, become a habitually dissociative way of being in the world. Holistic practitioners want their students and clients to learn mindfulness-based skills and new habits of conscious living, yet the challenge for people living with chronic anxiety is to first un-learn their reflexive unconscious habits that continually reinforce a state of fear.
In essence, the worry trance must first be broken, before people can effectively acquire and meaningfully absorb the anti-anxiety thinking patterns and life skills that will last a lifetime.
This course is for holistic health care, psychotherapy and wellness practitioners (including yoga teachers, life coaches, and mindfulness-based counsellors) who are interested in expanding their abilities and expertise regarding anxiety issues, including:
- Chronic worry and fears
- Social anxiety
- Obsessive-based fears
Students of this course will learn how to bring integrative and mindfulness-based anti-anxiety teachings to their holistic health practice, with a focus on breaking the worry trance. The course is student-directed, allowing you to go at your own pace with completing each lesson. The client coaching strategies taught in this course are not meant to replace mental health treatment, but are presented in the context of a complementary and adjunct skills-based program.
Upon completion, participants will gain the following skills:
- Describe the core dynamics of “worry trance” and its impact on people, from both clinical/medical and psycho-social perspectives
- Develop educational and coaching delivery methodologies for teaching people about the worry trance and fear-based living
- Apply knowledge of integrative and mindfulness-based coaching tools into a holistic anti-anxiety program
In addition to online video-based lessons, quizzes and group discussion, this course includes the following supplemental downloads:
- Audio versions of all lesson videos (great in the car or on the go)
- Course Workbook
- Lesson-specific handouts
A basic understanding of mindfulness principles and their application in the helping field, is assumed in the delivery of this course.
Continuing Education Credits
Breaking the worry trance is certified to issue continuing education credit with the following organizations:
Approved by the National Association of Social Workers (Approval #886709844-3701) for 9 (nine) Clinical Social Work continuing education contact hours. Note that, in addition in-course testing, you will be required to complete a final examination to qualify.
Approved by the Canadian Professional Counsellors Association for 9 (nine) professional development CEU credits.
Approved by the Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association for 9 (nine) credit hours of continuing education credits. Upon course completion, participants may download and submit an Application for Continuing Education Unit Credit.